Hello, everyone, and welcome to another Tag Tuesday. This week has been pretty decent so far. I have a free week before my new classes start, and so it’s been relaxing not having to stress over what needs to get completed.
Anyway, on to The Book Blogger Test.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BOOK PET PEEVES?
1. Bad dialogue. When there is just the pointless conversations that don’t need to be in books because they don’t take the plot anywhere, it’s annoying. At a Victoria Schwab signing I went to, she said she always starts dialogue with what is supposed to result from it. Dialogue should move the plot forward, not just be ramblings.
2. No character development. Or just bad character development, especially in a series. I’ve mentioned this before, but Abby Abernathy (Beautiful Disaster) was horrible character development. Our MCs should grow and learn, not become worse versions of themselves. And for a character to go through massive trials in life and come out the exact same person, is so unrealistic.
3. Graphic sex scenes. I feel like I’m never going to let this go. I don’t care if a character has sex, but if there are a bunch of graphic and detailed sex scenes, I don’t want it. It’s just not my thing. The only reason I am continuing to read ACOMAF is because SJMaas is my life, and I will persevere for her.
DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT READING SPOT
Honestly, I can get comfortable with a book anywhere. But if I had to pick my perfect spot, I would say tucked in a corner by an open window surrounded in pillows with a blanket and a cup of mint green tea near by. That way, when I get tired from reading, I can just sleep where I am.
TELL US THREE BOOK CONFESSIONS
1. I started reading Harry Potter with my stepdad right before Deathly Hallows was released. We were reading the last book at the same time, but he took it on a business trip with him and lost my place, so I just let it go. I didn’t read Deathly Hallows, see the movies, or know a single thing about what happened in the end until about 6 years later. I still pride myself on being spoiler-free for that long.
2. While we are on the subject…I’ve never actually read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, only listened to the audiobook about a dozen times. Jim Dale is brilliant.
3. I think I might have an addictive personality and that’s why I can’t borrow books, I have to buy them and own them. So I think one of the many reasons I love books is because I am literally addicted to them.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED DURING A BOOK?
When I read Me Before You. That book, and movie, destroyed me.
HOW MANY BOOKS ARE ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
None. I don’t keep books by my bed because I don’t usually read in bed very often.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK TO EAT WHILE YOU’RE READING?
I don’t really eat while I read. But I prefer popcorn at like every moment of everyday, so we can go with that.
NAME THREE BOOKS YOU WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE
Jane Eyre. Always Jane Eyre.
Anything Victoria Schwab, but I’ll narrow it down to A Darker Shade of Magic.
The Infernal Devices. Sure, that’s three books right there, but I’m going to let it slide.
SHOW US A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKSHELF ON YOUR BOOKCASE
Basically it’s the only shelf that stays neat, or else I would have to show you all of them.
WRITE HOW MUCH BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN JUST THREE WORDS
The entire world.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST READING SECRET?
I probably won’t read half the books I own but I can’t get rid of them because maybe, just maybe, I will want to read them one day.