March came and went like blur. I feel like the month barely started and now it’s over.
But April is giving way to Spring time, warmer weather, and new things to try. So I’m looking forward to the next month.
This month I did join my first ever Twitter chat. I jumped into the BHPChat and I loved meeting so many bibliophiles. I still need to blog stalk everyone, but it really made me want to look into being more active in chats and challenges and getting to know more of the community the extends beyond Bookstagram.
I managed to complete 4 books this month. Though I am proud of that number given I have been nursing a small reading slump, my Goodreads challenge is screaming in my face to step up. I’ve fallen very far behind, but I chose a larger number of books in order to challenge myself. So I’m not out of the game yet.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (BOTM for The Court of Books and Readers)
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes (BOTM for The Literary Lions)
- The Leaving by Tara Altebrando (received from NetGalley)
This was a great book month for me. A Darker Shade of Magic is definitely a top series for me. And Me Before You destroyed me with feels, so I’m still reeling from it.
April is really exciting for me. I’ve finally joined the bullet journal bandwagon and I’m already loving it. April is my first full month to throw myself into getting more organized. That means I’ll be better at time management, meaning more time to read and review and of course BLOG! I plan to have some author interviews going up this month and I’m pretty excited about that.
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- Gabriel and the Swallows by Esther Dalseno (BOTM for The Court of Books and Readers)
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Lesyle Walton (Alternative BOTM for The Court of Books and Readers)
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (BOTM for The Literary Lions)
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Gabriel and the Swallows is a book we (The Court) chose in support of Oftomes Publishing and their authors. We chose an alternative book for those who weren’t able to order the book through Amazon. So I really hope you will be able to join us and review the book for Esther Dalseno!
I think April is going to be a really great month and I’m eager to get started! Did you have a favorite March read? What are you looking forward to in April?